December Judaica Auction
15. A RARE TIN CHARITY CONTAINER COLLECTING FUNDS FOR YESHIVA TORAH VODAATH. Brooklyn, c. 1930. Decorated with the facade of the buildings and details of the school on one side and on the other yeshiva children learning. The yeshiva opened in 1918 providing a yeshiva education centering on traditional Jewish sacred texts to the children of families then moving from the Lower East Side to the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. The yeshiva was established on Keap Street in Williamsburg as an elementary school. The yeshiva later moved to a new building at 206 Wilson Street and remained there until 1967. 4.5” tall.
Share this lot: