MAGNIFICENT AND IMPORTANT JUDAICA
184. A PARCEL GILT TORAH CROWN. Poland/Jerusalem, c.1840 The lower band with applied cut cartouches, each one with a different scriptural epithet praising the Torah. This base is attached to the upper portion with six lattice cut silver over gilded ribs, alternating with six snakes, each holding a bell. Engraved in Hebrew along ribs indicating that it was donated by Yaakov, son of Meir. 12.1" tall.