074. A PARCEL GILT TORAH SHIELD BY GEORG LUDWIG LANGENHAN, KITZINGEN, EARLY 18TH CENTURY
A PARCEL GILT TORAH SHIELD BY GEORG LUDWIG LANGENHAN, KITZINGEN, EARLY 18TH CENTURY. Hand wrought in triple arched top and chased gadroon borders. With applied double eagle, crown and portion plaque. Further decorated with colored pastes and twisted columns. Inscribed on verso with a later inscription to the Dalston Synagogue (1885 – 1970) in 1886 by Joseph Birn. 10.2” tall. Lacking some bells.
Sold for $15,000