056. A PAIR OF LARGE SILVER TORAH FINIALS
A PAIR OF LARGE SILVER TORAH FINIALS. Germany/Glasgow, 1892. Baluster shape, fitted with two tiers of bells and a crown. Topped with an eagle. Engraved in Hebrew and English on alternating panels: “Presented by J. Morris to South Side Synagogue Glasgow, March, 1893”. The first known Jew to settle in Glasgow was in 1812. In 1831, there were 47 Jewish people. In 1850, there were 200 and in 1897 there were 4000 following the Russian pogroms. 15” tall.
Estimate $3,000 – 5,000